Meter rate bears no resemblance to actuals plus £500 in credit?

Hi, been with you guys for 3 years. £500 in credit and still you won’t allow my DD to drop below £153pm. Recently installed Smart Meter is showing double the rate to what my agreed rates are. Can someone resolve on both fronts and refund? I have a 2 bed house and Economy 7, storage and all electric. No bath and live alone so pls explain the costs

Hey @mswan55 :wave: and welcome to the community :partying_face:

There was an error causing the latest statement to be blocked which in turn blocked the opportunity to reduce your monthly payments. I have now fixed this and issued the statement. There is another statement due in the coming days also.

Your night usage is extremely high. This typically stems from an immersion heater being left on overnight or your storage heaters being at maximum. This is something to consider if you’d like to reduce your usage.

Taking this high usage into consideration you can now reduce your payments slightly in your Bulb account, but this is based on the credit staying in the account. Alternatively, we can refund some of the credit on the account and leave payments as they are.

Please do let us know which you’d prefer. We can also discuss exact figures over email rather than on this public forum if you’d like?

– Robyn :bulb:

Hi Robyn

Thank you for your advice. The immersion was resolved a few weeks ago as I recognised there was this issue my side. The timings were out and it was burning during the day. I’ve also had the temperature reduced so this will further reduce.

A refund of around 50% of what the account has accumulated would be appreciated. My DD amount will need to reduce once the billing is resolved too as my storage heaters are not at maximum and I only have 3 of which I only have had 2 partially on for last month. So can this usage be revised if there isn’t much change on next statement please?

Will the Smart meter work correctly soon? The rates are incorrect still and showing over double my agreed rates

Many thanks

Mary

I have requested that refund for you @mswan55

If your usage significantly drops and it’s visible over 2 statements then we can look at reducing your monthly payment amount.

Regarding the smart meter, when you say the rates are incorrect, what do you mean by that?

Hi Robyn

Thanks for that. Understand on the DD settings, my usage changes should be visible by Jan.

I will send you a screenshot.

Best regards

Mary

Hello,

Still having ridiculous bills. I was £73 in credit last week, 127 DD went out couple of days ago = £200 and Bulb now state I owe 140?? So…I’m blowing £300 a month?
Can someone please resolve asap as now shows me a owing you money?
Given I had a plumber in 2 months ago to both turn down the temperature on my immersion and ensure it only goes on at night (which I also turn off on occasion to ensure not on every evening). How can my bill have increased by nearly 200 in one month in relation to previous?
Ever since the smart meter was fitted, its never been correct.

Await your response asap.

Thanks

Mary

Still having ridiculous bills. I was £73 in credit last week, 127 DD went out couple of days ago = £200 and Bulb now state I owe 140?? So…I’m blowing £300 a month from around £100 a couple of months ago?
Can someone please resolve asap as now shows me a owing you money? Which I don’t.
Given I had a plumber in 2 months ago to both turn down the temperature on my immersion and ensure it only goes on at night where it was going on during the day before. I also turn the immersion off on occasion to ensure not on daily. How can my bill have increased by nearly 200 in one month in relation to previous? Given all the changes?
Ever since the smart meter was fitted, its never been correct.

Plus I burn 90% of my Energy on Economy 7 yet my rate on the Smart meter is showing as day rate only.

Await your response asap.

Thanks

Mary