Meter reading: Bulb asks for "Day" and "Night", but meter says "Rate 1" and "Rate 2"..??

hi,

Meter reading:

Bulb asks for “Day” and “Night”, but meter says “Rate 1” and “Rate 2”

So is Day Rate 1 or Rate 2?

We have recently switched to Bulb for two properties, and I can see that they have been submitted differently for each house.

Searched all over the web and cannot find a definitive answer.

Also, no-one to call at Bulb??

Kind regards,

Nicholas

Only way to be sure is to watch which one in incrementing.

stupidly, Rate 1 is NIGHT and 2 is DAY, it would be helpful if the supplier also showed this when requesting for meter readings, im sure that loads of people get caught out!

stupidly, Rate 1 is NIGHT and 2 is DAY, it would be helpful if the supplier also showed this when requesting for meter readings, im sure that loads of people get caught out!

As said in the OP, that’s not always the case. They have two properties where rates are submitted differently. It needs to be determined for the specific meter, and the only way to do that is to watch to see which register is increasing.

On my meter, there is a button at one side which, with each press, cycles through different readings. On my meter Rate 1 is night, rate 2 day. The little number 1 or 2 will be flashing on and off according to which is in use, which is helpful in avoiding confusion. But having been with different suppliers I know that not all will use 1 for night so its important to get the reading right. And your meter may be different. I would check your readings overnight to see whether 1 or 2 has been active.

ok thank you all
will take a look more closely re if any flash etc
i will try to report back with my findings
thanks again