Meter reading confirmation email

Is there any chance that when we submit our gas and electricity readings your confirmation email could show those actual readings!

Thank you for you gas reading of: xxxx units

Similarly with the electricity reading/s confirmation email.

It would be very nice also to have a faster response after submitting the readings. Instead of the 2-4 days after submission. When I was with ScottishPower it was instantaneous in updating readings and amount of bill ,in all fairness they did not have the customer support you have and a a major reason I left them.

Kind regards john

If you go back in to your account and submit meter readings you will see the last submitted readings.

If you go back in to your account and `submit meter readings` you will see the last submitted readings.

Thanks but that is not what I am asking :slight_smile:

The email that is sent after a new reading has been submitted does not give those readings. It would be very helpful to have them on that email.

The Bill process really is too long about 2-3 days, most other suppliers process immediately, that is what I would like to see here also.

I appreciate you taking time to respond, thank you.

Kind regards john

The Bill process really is too long about 2-3 days, most other suppliers process immediately, that is what I would like to see here also.

Kind regards john

Bulb produces their bills on the same date of the month, so regardless of when you submit your meter readings the bill date will not alter.

Personally I don’t see why this causes any problems, why do you need it after you submit your readings?

I have just checked my two previous suppliers (both are two of the big six) , and my bills were all over the places they never appeared at a consistent date in the month, and more to the point the bills were produced nominally every three months compared to the very useful Bulb period of one a month.

I really don’t see the problem here, I submitted my readings today, got the OK we have them. Payment for the last readings is ready to be taken by direct debit, next bill will be based on my readings, and I get a heads up if and when I’m using more than usual. I can check everything on my Bulb account using a very good home page.

Hi guys, thanks for the idea @JoMar I guess it might let people notice if they’ve typed in a reading wrong too, I’ll flag it up to our email guys and see what they think. Although the consensus seems to be against it :slight_smile:

Hi guys, thanks for the idea @JoMar I guess it might let people notice if they've typed in a reading wrong too, I'll flag it up to our email guys and see what they think. Although the consensus seems to be against it :)

Thanks David appreciated.

I’m a bit taken aback at how some suggestions are queried. Surely my request was polite, I do not have to justify it to others who are not employers of Bulb. We are all individuals who deserve to be treated with respect. You have immediately seen why I asked for this to be considered. This a friendly community, I guess I must be one of the few who studied “do not shoot the rabbits” during barn storming suggestions :slight_smile:

Kind regards john (I will be staying away from here and will be using the phone for queries in future).

@JoMar

As one of the Bulb non employees who commented on your post, I have just reread my comments and I don’t think it was impolite and neither were those of the other posters.

It may be that we had a different view point to yours as to having the meter readings returned in an email or bill supplied immediately the readings were given. This doesn’t mean your requirements are not important and if need be taken on by Bulb, however I have no need for this facility which is what I expressed in my response.