Meter Reading Entry Options?

Our first bill is due this week, and I received an email asking for an initial meter reading. Fair enough. So I’ve interrogated our smart meter and got the data from it. However, on logging into the Bulb website there appears to be nowhere to actually enter said information. Neither the “Payments And Statements” nor the “Energy Usage” option has anything I can click on to provide information. And the “Submitting Meter Readings” option in the Help section merely tells me that I should do and when to do so, not where. Can I buy a clue?

Our fist bill is due this week, and I received an email asking for an initial meter reading. Fair enough. So I've interrogated our smart meter and got the data from it. However, on logging into the Bulb website there appears to be nowhere to actually enter said information. Neither the "Payments And Statements" nor the "Energy Usage" option has anything I can click on to provide information. And the "Submitting Meter Readings" option in the Help section merely tells me that I should do and when to do so, not where. Can I buy a clue?

My understanding is that if you have a smart meter which is being automatically read by Bulb then you do not have to submit a meter reading and hence the screen option is blanked out. However it is a little silly to ask you to submit a reading info this is the case.

Hopefully Bulb wil quickly sort this out for you if they pick up this thread?