Meter Reading

Hi - Just s submitted another meter reading for Gas & Electric. I noticed my electric update was accepted but my gas reading has not updated. When i looked at previous meter readings and the last reading you had for gas on 14th November which was “MANUAL” is the same reading that i just supplied on 28th November. Please could you explain to me what MANUAL means, I understand Estimated and Customer.

Hi @JohnRaine ,

The reason the reads aren’t going in automatically and we’re having to input them in manually for you (that’s what Manual means) is because the read on the 28th is the same as the read on the 14th, which flags up as an error on the system.

The reason the read on the 14th was manually added was because the read you provided was slightly lower than the opening estimate, but we just loaded that in as it was only a few units away.

The system just flags any readings that are the same, but I would say just load the reads in and we will add them in for you as we pick up on it from our end.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi. Just following up on this thread. I have just added a gas new meter reading and I have noticed that the meter reading is the same as the last meter reading (05590), again. I have checked the gas meter twice in the last 30 minutes and it isn’t moving. Please can you advise best course of action?

Hi. Just following up on this thread. I have just added a gas new meter reading and I have noticed that the meter reading is the same as the last meter reading (05590), again. I have checked the gas meter twice in the last 30 minutes and it isn’t moving. Please can you advise best course of action?

Hi. Just following up on this thread. I have just added a gas new meter reading and I have noticed that the meter reading is the same as the last meter reading (05590), again. I have checked the gas meter twice in the last 30 minutes and it isn't moving. Please can you advise best course of action?

Hi @JohnRaine - oh dear, that doesn’t sound right. Could you send us an email with your account details (to hello@bulb.co.uk) and we’ll send someone out to take a look at the meter. If it’s faulty, we can replace the meter. Looking forward to getting this sorted for you.

Hi - I hope you can give me a quick update on recent telephone conversations with the bulb team. As you can see with this recent online conversation my meter stopped giving meter readings on or around 5th November. I spoke to someone from your team via telephone to arrange a replacement meter to be fitted on Friday 16th February, which has been completed. My questions is, how have you calculated how much energy i have used since the meter stopped working between 5th November 2017 and 16the February 2018? I was informed by a colleague that you wouldn’t be able to charge for anything that was unmetered.

Hi - Could someone please let me know if you received my last message?

@JohnRaine apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The closing reading on your old meter was 5590 (the same as it was on 28 November). As you say, you are not charged for any use that is unmetered. The new meter then started with a reading of 0. This is shown in your statement dated 28 March on page 4.

Hi - Thanks for getting back to me

If you have any more questions let us know :slight_smile:

Hi - Please could you tell me why my meter readings for gas have not changed since the 18th May 2018. On your website i can see 868 for 18 May, 01 June, 01 July and 01 August they all say estimated and i have been sending readings to you. I have just taken a reading and sent to you today and Gas is 01152 This is rather concerning, please could someone let me know why this might be.

Hi @JohnRaine

I can see we’ve just loaded that reading in for you now.

The reason for the reads not loading is because your annual gas estimated usage is still registered as 0 but this will improve as we add more meter reads.

I would recommend you keep submitting meter reads and gradually your meter will generate an annual usage and your monthly estimates will be suitable.

Cheers,
Rob