meter reading

I submited gas meter reading two times with photos but still showing estimate, which is way too high.

I submited gas meter reading two times with photos but still showing estimate, which is way too high.

I wonder if it would be beneficial if you submitted your readings at: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/meters at least this may result in it moving from estimated to customer read readings.

I already submitted on dashboard twice in 3 days for electric and gas,electric reading is showing correctly but gas reading is still estimate

Your initial comment was that you submitted the gas reading two times with photos. So in addition did you enter on two occasions the digits showing on your meter in the relevant boxes on your dashboard?

Submitting on dashboard rarely works.

Submitting on dashboard rarely works.

I use my PC when inserting my meter readings and have absolutely no problems. My previous readings appear in the top box (with date they were taken) and I enter the new readings in the box below, easy peasy.

Specifically what problems are you experiencing and do you insert the readings via your PC or some other system?

Hi, @pat40 can you drop us an email at help@bulb.co.uk so we can have a look into this for you