Meter reading

It appears your meter reading that you have for me is wrong.
Either I inputted the wrong figures or you did but as from today the 20th of July the figure for my gas is 14276, which is less than the figure on the 28 June 2018 when I left npower.
Please check and readjust the figure as I am being overcharged for the gas use by npower.

It appears your meter reading that you have for me is wrong. Either I inputted the wrong figures or you did but as from today the 20th of July the figure for my gas is 14276, which is less than the figure on the 28 June 2018 when I left npower. Please check and readjust the figure as I am being overcharged for the gas use by npower.

If you go into your “Energy Usage” page does the meter reading on 28 June say Customer or Estimated in the “Input Type” column? If it says Customer then in theory this is the reading you would have entered. Also if you look at your bill from npower is the meter reading the same as that shown in your “Energy Usage” page, if not then Buklb will resolve it for for.

Hi @GaryMicklewhite7 I’m sure I’ll be able to get that sorted out for you, unless your opening read was very close to the estimate we and NPower have been given we’ll be able to get it changed. All we’ll need is a photo of your meter, showing the reading, any time more than a week away from your last reading. Once we have those two readings as backups we’ll get in touch with NPower and ask them to change your last reading, and we’ll change our first one.