Meter Reading

I am a little disappointed that when I got the email confirming the amount which would be taken from my account and that I had the oppportunity to submit meter reading, it just kept taking me to the ‘Community’, therefore my next bill will be estimated…I’ve tried every which way to find where I can submit a meter reading …if I’ve missed something please let me know how you can log onto your account and submit an accurate reading, rather than estimated.

I am a little disappointed that when I got the email confirming the amount which would be taken from my account and that I had the oppportunity to submit meter reading, it just kept taking me to the ‘Community’, therefore my next bill will be estimated...I’ve tried every which way to find where I can submit a meter reading ...if I’ve missed something please let me know how you can log onto your account and submit an accurate reading, rather than estimated.

What link are you using to access your account?

Same as above comment from Allan. I can’t seem to get past Community. There is nowhere to submit a meter reading. I’ve tried different links and this is not a good start to my relationship with a new provider if the web site is rubbish. How do I do it?

Same as above comment from Allan. I can't seem to get past Community. There is nowhere to submit a meter reading. I've tried different links and this is not a good start to my relationship with a new provider if the web site is rubbish. How do I do it?

If you click the Help button at the top of this page, do you see a “Sign In” button at the top left of the page?

Same as above comment from Allan. I can't seem to get past Community. There is nowhere to submit a meter reading. I've tried different links and this is not a good start to my relationship with a new provider if the web site is rubbish. How do I do it?

What happens when you go to: https://account.bulb.co.uk/login
You should see a dashboard when you login and if you scroll down there is a big green button you can use to submit a reading.
You can also download the Bulb app and use that to submit readings
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Try this:
click on the three horizontal lines in the top right hand corner and click on member service. This should have a menu button in upper right hand corner which takes you to where you can sign in to your account. Please let me know if this works

@Thomas21 what the others have suggested should help. let me know if this doesn’t work.