Meter readings 31 March

I have smart meters which are providing readings for both gas and electricity. Will readings be taken on 31 March to record usage up to price increase even if they are not posted on my account or will usage be calculated pro rata? If I post manual readings on 31 March will they be used to calculate usage to that date?

Hi @geevo41 :wave:

I’ve had a look into your account and it seems that we receive smart meter readings on the 8th and 9th of each month.

As we do not request more readings from your meter we would not receive a reading from the 31st. Therefore if you would like the specific usage recorded on your account I’d recommend submitting the readings in your bulb account on the 31st.

The readings posted on the 31st will be used to calculate your usage to that date. I hope this has helped, if you have any more questions please drop them below :point_down:

– Luke :bulb:

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt reply, luke - I’ll submit readings on the 31 March.

Regards

geevo41

BTW why do you take readings on both the 8th and 9th of the month when you always use the 8th of the month readings? The second readings seem unnecessary and confusing.

Hey @geevo41

We typically request a reading on the day prior, the actual day, and the day after your statement date. This ensures the readings are accurate and we have a secondary reading in the system in case of any errors or discrepancies.

– Robyn :bulb:

@Robyn

That makes no sense at all - you accept one set of customer readings but need muliple sets of smart meter readings?

I would be grateful if you would amend my account to ask for one set of readings on the 8th of the month .

Regards

geevo41

1 Like

Hi @geevo41,

I have changed your smart reading frequency to monthly which now means the reading will come through on the 8th of each month.

It is worth noting that monthly readings are the least reliable as with these the smart meter tries to push the reading on only one day. If it fails then no smart reading is received and an estimate is used instead. If this does happen don’t worry as you can submit a manual reading to us instead.

This should not happen often but I am just letting you know so you are aware of how it works :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me know if you have any questions,

– KT :bulb:

@KatieT_at_Bulb

Thank you.

Regards

geevo41