Meter readings not being submitted - Bulb not interested

Hello.

On 21st February 2022, the Bulb app usage charts stopped updating.
As there have been a lot of similar threads where customers have experienced similar issues and Bulb has talked about a upgrade taking place, I took no action.

However, today, it’s clear that Bulb isn’t actually receiving readings and my bills were estimated.

I’ve submitted actual readings by chat - but the revised statement from Bulb is still estimated data. (The estimate is only slightly off, but that’s irrelevant.)

I was told this morning via chat that I would get an email with more information about how long it would take to re-connect my smart meter.

I didn’t receive anything and have questioned this with another chat operator which went no-where.

Aren’t you supposed to log a job with the company that maintains the connectivity for this to be sorted?

Hi @mike80 :wave:

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m sorry to hear that your meters are no longer sending readings and for the poor service you have received.

So as you have rightly guessed, the issue with the meter stems from the upgrade of the meters, where we are moving them over to the new network. During that process, we can experience an outage of remote readings, which is why these haven’t been added to your account over the last few weeks. I can see that you have added some manual readings, and I’ll make sure we get a revised statement over to you this afternoon so that your billing is accurate to your usage.

In terms of getting the issue resolved, this would be fixed automatically within a few weeks, once our smart team get the meters up and running on the new network. They are aware of all the meters that have stopped submitting readings remotely, so they’ll be working on getting this sorted asap for you.

Let us know if you can’t see any submitted smart readings within the next few weeks, and we’ll take a look and give you an update on progress.

-Luke :bulb: