Meter readings to old supplier

My switch has completed and you started taking Direct Debits on 27/08/2017

My old supplier emailed me, on 04/09/2017 and again today, asking for final meter readings to close my account with them

Have you sent these on my behalf or will you be doing so shortly?

Hiya @andew8346- great to have you with us! We sent off your opening electricity reading on 27th, and your gas a few days later (because we were still waiting for some technical details about your meter to arrive). They are verified by two third parties on their way over, but if you haven’t received a final bill from your previous supplier 4-6 weeks after your switch date please let us know :slight_smile:

I switched from NPower in July and I’ve received two requests for meter readings from them since my account was closed. I’m certainly not going to send them my current readings so I’m ignoring their emailed requests until they explain why they still want my readings.

Thanks @ellie and @bob4794. I was with isupply and their customer service wasn’t up to much. I think I’ll do the same as you, Bob and just wait for them to get their act together!

Hi @andrew8346. Just checked your account and yours are on the way back too. If you haven’t received that bill in 6 weeks then give us a shout.

Hi @lauram!

I know the 6 weeks from 14/09 aren’t up yet, but I appear to hsve a problem with my old supplier.

I’ve had an email from isupply complaining that they weren’t able to collect money from my bank account because I’ve cancelled the Direct Debit in their favour.

They’ve given me 30 days to reinstate the DD for an energy account they should have closed at end of August!

If I don’t reinstate, they’ll charge me £30!

Help!

Hi @andrew8346 , I have seen that iSupply include a line in their terms and conditions about cancelling direct debit. It may be relating to operation costs to refunding when the direct debit isn’t in place.

I’d advise on contacting them and discussing whether you’d be able to open a direct debit for a very small fee (£1.00) to enable the condition to be met.

iSupply T&Cs here: https://www.isupplyenergy.co.uk/about-us/general-information/additional-charges

Cheers,
Rob

Despite my switch completing on 27th August 2017, I am still awaiting the final bill from my old supplier
Here is part of a message they sent me on 7th November 2017:

"Your Electricity & Gas bills have not been run yet due to an unfortunate temporary technical issue with our system currently.

Please rest assured that we are looking into rectifying this and will notify accordingly of any updates on the situation in due course.

Just so you know, any credit that would be remaining in your account balance once your final bill has been run will be refunded automatically back into your bank account within 28 calendar days.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused however if you have any further queries please let us know."

Isn’t there legislation covering the period taken to send the final bill after a switch?

Hi @Andrew8346 good question and I’ve been trying to find you a good answer. It does seem that the legislation is slightly vague on this issue. This is what I’ve found. You can find more here.

Both the Electricity Supply Licence and the Gas Supply Licence impose equivalent obligations on
licensees in respect of the provision of final bills to domestic customers. Condition 27.17 of each
licence requires a licensee to take all reasonable steps to send a final bill to a domestic customer
within six weeks of a supplier transfer. Specifically, the condition states:

27.17 Where the responsibility for the supply of the electricity to a Domestic Customer transfers
from the licensee to another…[Electricity/Gas]…Supplier or otherwise terminates, the licensee
must take all reasonable steps to send a final Bill or statement of account of the Domestic
Customer’s account within 6 weeks of the supplier transfer or termination of the Domestic Supply
Contract.

Please let me know if there’s anything we can help with.

Hi @“TimC at Bulb”

iSupply emailed me again on 13 Dec apologising for the delay, promising to look into the technical problems with my final bill and to let me know when the matter had been resolved

I’ve emailed them today explaining that it’s now beem 16 weeks since I transferred, and that if I haven’t had my final bill with 28 days I will take the matter to any available Ombudsman with a view to seeking financial recompense!

I think I might follow that with a “snail-mail” letter

Hi Bulb, @“TimC at Bulb”

I too have switched over to you last month and my old supplier say they are still waiting for the final meter readings from you in order to issue a final bill. I supplied you with the reading last month. Can you please look into this urgently as I have a sum of money they will not refund until this happens.

Regards
Dean

Hi @masond422!

We sent your readings on the day of your switch but I can see that your old supplier received them on the 8th December. The problem was that your old supplier instantly sent us a dispute for the gas reading. This was finalised yesterday so they should be able to send you a final bill soon :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Helen

Hi @"TimC at Bulb"

iSupply emailed me again on 13 Dec apologising for the delay, promising to look into the technical problems with my final bill and to let me know when the matter had been resolved

I’ve emailed them today explaining that it’s now beem 16 weeks since I transferred, and that if I haven’t had my final bill with 28 days I will take the matter to any available Ombudsman with a view to seeking financial recompense!

I think I might follow that with a “snail-mail” letter

Now iSupply are saying that they haven’t received the D86 readings for my electricity account!

@andrew8346 I’ve just phoned iSupply to confirm the file identification information with them so that they can search for the D86. I’ll keep you updated when if I hear something back from them

@oliver Thought you’d like to know that iSupply have now calculated my final bill

I have £40.93 credit on my account and they’ve offered £40 compensation, which I think is pretty generous

@“Oliver at Bulb” ^

@andrew8346, happy to hear the ordeal is over!