Meter readings

Hi, I have just signed up to Bulb and I have received my information pack today. In the terms and conditions it states that I have to provide meter readings every month. Is this correct or have I misunderstood it? If it is every month then that would be really inconvient for me, I supply these every 3 months with my current supplier. If someone could confirm this for me it would be very helpful as I may have to rethink my decision to join Bulb.

Hi @Zaxxan, I presume you’re referring to 3.15:

3.15. So we can bill you as accurately as possible, you must give us an up-to-date meter reading for your energy at least every 30 days.

People from Bulb have in other threads said at least every 3 months so I don’t believe this is correct/something that’s actually enforced.

@“Will at Bulb”, can someone clarify?

We definitely don’t enforce this and we consider every 3 months to be absolutely fine. I’ll have a chat with our legal team to see whether we have to phrase it this way or whether we can say every 3 months. We’re doing some T&C tweaks at the moment, so this is the perfect time to do it.

I have a feeling that we probably need clauses that achieve two things; make sure we have frequent enough meter readings, and one that allows us to request a reading whenever we think that the readings we have at the moment aren’t correct. I’m not a lawyer, so I might be wrong here. I’ll report back if this changes.

We definitely don't enforce this and we consider every 3 months to be absolutely fine. I'll have a chat with our legal team to see whether we have to phrase it this way or whether we can say every 3 months. We're doing some T&C tweaks at the moment, so this is the perfect time to do it.

I have a feeling that we probably need clauses that achieve two things; make sure we have frequent enough meter readings, and one that allows us to request a reading whenever we think that the readings we have at the moment aren’t correct. I’m not a lawyer, so I might be wrong here. I’ll report back if this changes.

OK, that’s good news. Every three months will be fine.

Thank you for the prompt response.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: