Meter Readings

Do you get a message from bulb when your meter reading is due

Yes it normally comes in a couple of days before it is required although generally it will go to your junk folder so worth checking there.
I have set my readings / direct debit for the beginning of the month so I know at the end of each month to submit readings.

Yes it normally comes in a couple of days before it is required although generally it will go to your `junk` folder so worth checking there. I have set my readings / direct debit for the beginning of the month so I know at the end of each month to submit readings.

Were you able to changee the date of your bills or is it a coincidence that your bills have always happened to be within the first couple of days at the start of the month?

I am not sure now as it was over a year ago but I seem to recall at that time it was linked in to when the dd was taken, Bulb can confirm but if you change the date of your dd then the bill links with it, if not they should be able to change it manually.
At the time I had a lot of communication with Bulb and not quite sure who changed what.

I am not sure now as it was over a year ago but I seem to recall at that time it was linked in to when the dd was taken, Bulb can confirm but if you change the date of your dd then the bill links with it, if not they should be able to change it manually. At the time I had a lot of communication with Bulb and not quite sure who changed what.

The current situation is that your first direct debit is linked to your first bill. After the first direct debit has been taken you can change the date of future monthly direct debit, but not the date the bill is produced. That is my understanding anyway?

Hopefully Bulb will respond.
Mine are both set for beginning of the month which is when i sit down and pay all other things like council tax,credit card etc. I have now got in to the habit of paying all Bills at the beginning of the month so it keeps it tidy for me.

I am not sure now as it was over a year ago but I seem to recall at that time it was linked in to when the dd was taken, Bulb can confirm but if you change the date of your dd then the bill links with it, if not they should be able to change it manually. At the time I had a lot of communication with Bulb and not quite sure who changed what.

Just realised your Welcome Pack will say when your switch was to take place, plus your Payments and Statements section on your dashboard will indicate if and when there was a change of date of your bills.

@Allanr If you’d like to change your payment date, you can do so in your Bulb Account. Just head here and choose the date that’s right for you https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/payments-and-statements/payment-settings

@Maxwell at Bulb

There is a slight misunderstanding. I know how to change the payment date in fact did this a little while ago. What I was referring to is if you are able to a change the bill date which I was trying to ascertain as a follow up response to a comment made by scudo.

@Allanr We always take payments in line with our bills so if you change your payment date you are changing your billing date.