Meter Readings

Just received an email from Bulb stating that I had not submitted a meter reading since January and that all of my bills had been estimated since then. This is simply not true as I have been systematically sending readings on a monthly basis. After checking my energy usage chart, the readings that I had submitted were gone.

I do hope that this is not some kind of ruse by Bulb to make me change onto the smart meter tariff which coincidentally recently appeared to be an available tariff in ‘my account’. After seeing reviews and horror stories on here regarding these smart meters, I really don’t believe that I can trust it to work without any problems. I fear that a switch to a more established company may be in order, in the near future!

Ty

Did you send the readings in within the requested 2 day time frame? If not estimates will be used.

Did you send the readings in within the requested 2 day time frame? If not estimates will be used.

I believe the issue is not about the timing of the meter readings it is about the fact that the meter readings which the OP said he had been submitting are no longer in showing on the energy usage page?

Just received an email from Bulb stating that I had not submitted a meter reading since January and that all of my bills had been estimated since then. This is simply not true as I have been systematically sending readings on a monthly basis. After checking my energy usage chart, the readings that I had submitted were gone.

I do hope that this is not some kind of ruse by Bulb to make me change onto the smart meter tariff which coincidentally recently appeared to be an available tariff in ‘my account’. After seeing reviews and horror stories on here regarding these smart meters, I really don’t believe that I can trust it to work without any problems. I fear that a switch to a more established company may be in order, in the near future!

Ty

Purely as another customer, Bulb are more ethical than to employ ruse tactics.

Have you been checking your statemnet since January, did these indicate if any readings were customer read or were all statements just showing estimated readings?

I believe the issue is not about the timing of the meter readings it is about the fact that the meter readings which the OP said he had been submitting are no longer in showing on the energy usage page?

I have been using the app to submit readings each month. Now I have no way of seeing those readings which were showing up on my account. I don’t recall anything on the app or website stating that readings will be removed if they aren’t within a certain timeframe. In fact I can’t remember any useful information being on the Bulb website until recently, the website is very inadequate to say the least.

CW

Ty

Purely as another customer, Bulb are more ethical than to employ ruse tactics.

Have you been checking your statemnet since January, did these indicate if any readings were customer read or were all statements just showing estimated readings?

On your first point, I have no confidence in this company at this moment in time.

Secondly, yes I was checking every month.

Hi @CraigW,

Bulb would never remove any meter readings without your permission.

The last meter readings we received from you were on the 30th January (other than a couple of days ago), we haven’t received any submissions since then as failed readings through the app would still show on our end.

I’ve also had a look at your previous bills, which have all been estimated since the 30th January. We’re sorry for any confusion caused, did the app ask you to take a photo of the readings, or display any unusual messages?