Meter Readings

I requested that my meters were read by Bulb as I am unable to access Electricity meter and also Gas Meter can be difficult. I am always being overestimated on usage so my account shows I am owing but not by the amount you say. I am 74 years old and just want my meters read on a regular basis, if you can’t do this soon, I shall close my account and go elsewhere. This has been an ongoing problem and a smart meter is not suitable for my property.

I requested that my meters were read by Bulb as I am unable to access Electricity meter and also Gas Meter can be difficult. I am always being overestimated on usage so my account shows I am owing but not by the amount you say. I am 74 years old and just want my meters read on a regular basis, if you can't do this soon, I shall close my account and go elsewhere. This has been an ongoing problem and a smart meter is not suitable for my property.

This article https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003610032-Can-I-get-help-to-read-my-meters- provides information regarding help to read your meter.

I can’t locate the relevant information but I think Bulb will send a meter reader once every 3 months to read your meters, this is if you have personal difficulties in doing this yourself.

If it isn’t a personal question how long have you been with Bulb, if it more than three months then Bulb need to arrange for a meter reading to be sent to you?