Meter readings

Hi, I was just wondering how long after submitted readings will I see an updated statement?
Thanks

Hi, did someone ask you to submit a reading, please? If so, how did you get the reading from the meter?
Thanks

Hi, I was just wondering how long after submitted readings will I see an updated statement? Thanks

Nominally your statements are produced on the same date each month, this will not be affected by when you submit your meter reading. In other words you will not get a statement just because you submitted a meter reading. Meter reading should be submitted a couple of days before the statement is produced and you should receive an email from Bulb each month reminding you to submit a meter reeding.

Hi, did someone ask you to submit a reading, please? If so, how did you get the reading from the meter? Thanks

In my case I get an email reminder from Bulb each month to submit my meter readings. I then open up the respective meter boxes and read the digits showing on the meters (I’m a non smart meter customer).

@tallulauk1 Hi there, you’ll get a statement each month with the updated reads. If you want one sooner, you can email us at help@bulb.co.uk and ask us to reversion the latest statement for you.