Meter readings

I want to speak to someone about how to read my meter but cannot find a telephone number anywhere. The instructions on the website are not useful.

Look at the bottom of the page at https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us

Phone number is 0300 30 30 635 (Mon-Fri 9-6, fastest response Wed-Fri 10-12, 3-6).

The instructions on the website are not useful.

An earlier response provided the contact details but out of interest why are the instructions not useful?

The instructions on the website are not useful.

An earlier response provided the contact details but out of interest why are the instructions not useful?

I have energy 7 meter that give 2 reading. It talks of day and night readings but as you can only put one reading in it doesn’t make sense and it specifically tells you not to add them together. It also gives you vague information such as I may only be able to read during specific times of the day but doesn’t explain how to find out. I have a smart meter from previous supplier which I haven’t been informed if it works with their system as the information doesn’t explain well.

I’ve call customer service and it’s not me the machine makes no sense but thx for the help