Meter stopped connecting - constant reboot

My display was working earlier but now just keeps rebooting. Connects to Internet but not to my account.
What now?

I’m having the same issue. Grateful for an idea on how to resolve it.

Hey @EmlynW and @sjj82,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your In Home Display restarting. We have a fix for this! I’ve requested a Comms Hub reboot on your accounts, and hopefully within the next 4 weeks they should start working as normal again. Please leave them plugged in for now, but you can put them out the way if the restarting is annoying.

Let me know here if you still have issues in a few weeks time.

Best,
Georgie

Thanks Georgie. The Comms hub seems to have been rebooted as the meter is now picking up the gas reading. However the electricity reading is still missing. Any thoughts?

Mine is working again, both gas and electricity. Thanks!

Hey @sjj82, I’m sorry to hear the fix only brought back the gas! The good news is that I can see that your IHD is connected to the smart network, it just needs a little push to fully connect to your meters. Please could you follow this link and fill in the details of the issue?

Once you’ve sent that in we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on and within 5m of your electricity meter overnight and restart it in the morning if nothing has changed. Let me know how that goes!

@EmlynW - that’s great news, happy to have been able to help! :smile:

1 Like

Hi Georgie,
This is happening to me as well. I have asked for a comms hub reboot but this has not fixed it. Is this a common problem given that others are experiencing it as well?
Thanks

I have the same issue, constantly rebooting and not connecting

Could you do a reboot on mine too please.

Hi @MisterL33 - I’ve popped you an email now as I need a few more details from you, get back to me there when you can!

And @sue.hod, I’ve requested the comms hub reboot for you now. Please ensure your IHD is switched on and within 5 meters of your electricity meter. Let me know if you don’t notice any changes in the next 4 weeks!

Georgie

1 Like

Thanks GeorgieS,
All sorted now thanks to your intervention.
:smile:

Hey @MisterL33 - thats great to hear! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else :smile:

Hi Georgie I’ve filled out the form twice to reboot the connection but the electricity reading is still not showing on the smart meter. Anything else I can do?

Hi Georgie, the hub no longer reboots but is only showing gas usage, can’t seem to get the electricity to show up at al.

cheers

Hey @sjj82, I would suggest trying the form a few more times and ensuring you’re following all the instructions carefully. If its not working, please try the resets here and let me know if you still have any issues.

Method 1
Hold the reset button for 15s. This gives the IHD a hard reset

Method 2
Unplug the IHD and let it run completely out of power
Restart the IHD using the button at the back, making sure it is still unplugged

The emergency power reserve will need to drain also, so let this happen. Try to restart the IHD again. If it turns on, it still has power that needs to drain so let it run down. Once the IHD cannot turn on any more, recharge it and turn it on - and hopefully that should work!

@sue.hod please could you try filling in this link and seeing if that works?

Georgie

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb tried that, still only showing gas readings

Have tried those options a number of times and the electricity reading is still not showing.

@sue.hod hmmm it looks like your meters may have fallen off the Home Area Network.

This basically means we’re having a bit of trouble talking to your meter right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display. Your in-home display may be repeatedly restarting because of this.

We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection. We haven’t heard back on it from the DCC yet, but hopefully this will resolve the issue and make sure your elec sends reads over again
and your IHD is updated :crossed_fingers:

In the meantime you can send us manual electricity reads and add them to your Bulb Account
:bulb:

@sjj82 It looks like you’re experiencing a similar issue to the above. We’ve also requested a reboot for you- there’s no result yet but this should also help resolve your issue!

Hi, my electricity reading is still missing from my smart meter despite multiple resets.

Hello @sjj82

I’m sorry to hear you are still having issues with your smart meter.

I will raise this with the smart team now and pop you an email as soon as i’ve heard back.

Thank you for your patience so far :bulb:

Thanks
Nathan