Meter

Has anyone new to these had there meeting changed without knowing it would be…just gone to give me meter reading and a new one has been fitted with the digital screen not working.
Not happy.

This isn’t something I’ve heard of happening before.

Do you own the property or is it a rental?

I own the property

Is there anyone at bulb working that i can speak with

Is there anyone at bulb working that i can speak with
Not until Monday.

Bulb changing your meter without letting you know doesn’t sound right.

You mention being new - when did you join Bulb?

Your meter would have been changed by your local distribution company (who gets the power from the “national grid” to your house) and not your supplier i.e. Bulb (who is responsible for “buying” the power to put into the grid). You should be able to find out who your distributor is via sites such as http://www.energynetworks.org/info/faqs/who-is-my-network-operator.html .

I hope they didn’t change the meter without the home owner knowing as that’s bordering on dangerous as residents could be using electricity for medical purposes and changing the meter will interrupt the supply.

If you need to contact Bulb directly (this is just a community forum), then there should be a “Live Chat” option in the bottom right of all Bulb.co.uk pages 9am-6pm Monday to Friday or you can email them on help@bulb.co.uk or call on 0300 30 30 635 and they are open 9am-6pm Monday to Friday ( https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ).

Thank you for your help.Yes they have changed it without me knowing.I am so angry about it.
I will have to wait till tomorrow to speak to someone at bulb.
Iv just tried the link to see who the distributor is but it didnt work,i will try again later.
Thanks

@RichyB @mowcius - thank you both for the very helpful advice here.

@Kaylmia_79 - I can see you’ve spoken with my team about this one. Am glad you know what is going on and we’re on the way to solving the issue. Glad to have you with us :slight_smile:

@“Clem at Bulb”, if you’re able, can you disclose what the situation is?

I’d sleep happier knowing my electricity meter won’t randomly be replaced in the future without my knowledge.

@"Clem at Bulb", if you're able, can you disclose what the situation is?

I’d sleep happier knowing my electricity meter won’t randomly be replaced in the future without my knowledge.

Hi @mowcius - please don’t worry. We don’t replace meters without letting our members know. In this case, another supplier incorrectly exchanged the meter as a neigbour had mistakenly thought it was theirs. Bulb has since taken over supply and is working with the other supplier to correct the situation.

Hi @mowcius - please don't worry. We don't replace meters without letting our members know. In this case, another supplier incorrectly exchanged the meter as a neigbour had mistakenly thought it was theirs.
That makes sense. Shared building then I presume.

Always good to know the reasons behind issues like this to keep people from worrying.