Might go back to paying exactly what I’am using

I live in a three bed semi , my heating is on prob 6 hours a day in winter an that being on schedule not always running , currently using 68 pounds on October statement , combined im 112 pounds in credit but bulb says I need an increase from 79 pounds to 93 so I would be 186 pounds in credit at this moment in time to keep me covered for winter .
As far as I’m concerned I’m in credit , ? , and if anything I prefer the money to be in my own bank not 186 pounds I credit so I if I fancy I could run the heating round the clock ,
I don’t get it . Might go back to paying exactly what I’am using

I live in a three bed semi , my heating is on prob 6 hours a day in winter an that being on schedule not always running , currently using 68 pounds on October statement , combined im 112 pounds in credit but bulb says I need an increase from 79 pounds to 93 so I would be 186 pounds in credit at this moment in time to keep me covered for winter . As far as I’m concerned I’m in credit , ? , and if anything I prefer the money to be in my own bank not 186 pounds I credit so I if I fancy I could run the heating round the clock , I don’t get it . Might go back to paying exactly what I’am using

There have been a multitude of posts regarding this aspect please feel free to check down the list of threads by clicking the “Recent discussion” button.

My comment are purely as another customer.

If you have sufficient credit in your account to pay in advance for one months energy use then you are able to keep your DD the same.

Ideally you should be setting your DD to the “Average monthly usage” which is showing in your “payments & statements” in your account dashboard.

Whilst you would like to have the £186 in your bank it seems only fair the reverse is true that your account is always in credit to pay one months advance energy use.