money

Names jake , gas engineer i have callculated my energy ill , getting ripped off , am tin to cancel direct debt and ask for refund there telling me am over 200 in duet anyone else in same position

Hi @jake1 ,

I can’t say I’ve experienced any problems myself - I take my monthly readings and they all seem to be correct - I forward them on to Bulb who produce a bill off the readings and, again, they all seem to be in the right ‘ball-park’ ( I haven’t yet spreadsheeted them to find out if they are accurate to the penny as some people do, but Bulb’s bills are reasonably what I would expect them to be month on month).

How do you feel you are getting ripped off? Have your bills been entirely based on estimates (i.e. you haven’t been providing monthly/quarterly readings to Bulb) and hence have been under/over calculated? Has your direct debit been set too high (or low) for the amount you have been billed? More information would be helpful…

Names jake , gas engineer i have callculated my energy ill , getting ripped off , am tin to cancel direct debt and ask for refund there telling me am over 200 in duet anyone else in same position

Nope. I’ve been with Bulb for 15 months and haven’t any problems.

I send my meter readings a couple of days before my statement is produced and these accurately reflect my readings.

It will be interesting to see your response to the comment posted by @RichyB ?

i have callculated my energy ill , getting ripped off

Could you share the calculations that show you’re getting ripped off?