Monthly bill higher than actual usage

Dear Bulb community,
Please help me to sort this out. Every month I am being overcharged by Bulb. I send monthly meter readings but still receive an exaggerated bill. For example one month I used £116.00 but Bulb charged £177.00!!! I am now in huge debt with them because of their estimated bills. How can I rectify this and also receive a refund for over payments?

you must be using way more energy than you’re topping up to get into debt. I pay £80.00ish a month but only use about £55 a month so a £25 credit each month… I track my usage so I know how much my bill was going to be this month. I was about £1 over in my estimations

Are you sending in meter readings within the 2 day time frame, if not Bulb will be using estimates.

I have been sending in meter readings as soon as I have received an email requesting a reading. I will talk to them about it on Monday. Thank you for your responses.

Dear Bulb community, Please help me to sort this out. Every month I am being overcharged by Bulb. I send monthly meter readings but still receive an exaggerated bill. For example one month I used £116.00 but Bulb charged £177.00!!!! I am now in huge debt with them because of their estimated bills. How can I rectify this and also receive a refund for over payments?

Do you mean your direct debit payment is £116 and you were charged £177? That could indicate you need to pay more a month to cover your usage of £177