monthly payments

Hi,
New customer here.
My account has become in credit but I’ve been asked to increase my monthly payments, is this right?

Hi there @Mon since we use a fairly unusual payment in advance system, we anticipate that your account will always be in a minimum of one month’s worth of credit (more in the summer, so that your payments stay the same year round). After about three months, we do a payment review which looks at whether your account is in the right amount of credit, and asks if you’d like to increase/decrease it appropriately.

I’m not sure this is what’s happening with you though. Were you looking at the bit in your bulb account with the recommended payment amount? If so that takes a few months to become accurate. Otherwise, you might be talking about the price change email we sent out on Monday/Tuesday? That went to everyone who’s with Bulb, letting them know that we’ll be raising our tariffs in August (this blog post has the details). That went out to everyone, it’s not related to your usage or credit or anything.

Does that help? Please let me know if not.

So do I keep my DD at the level which was set up by you at the beginning or change to a new one, higher one,
suggested by the website under payments and statements?
Thank you

@Mon

Similar to you I’m a fairly new customer and keep my own spreadsheet of units used and costs so have a very good idea whether I need to increase or decrease my monthly DD.

Unless you don’t want the bother of keeping your own spreadsheet I would think it better if you increased your DD to the amount suggested in your “Payments and Statements”. If you then find you are building up a large credit over and above the likely cost of your next monthly bill you can always reduce the DD via your “Payments setting”.

I guess the ideal is that your monthly DD equates to the amount showing in the “Average monthly usage” box in your “Payments and Statements” page…

Like Allanr I also do my own spreadsheet, although as Allan states it is not for everyone however it does mean if you change suppliers you will have an historical record of usage and not just with the current supplier.
The one I use only entails entering your readings once a month so not difficult to maintain and is available for anyone that’s interested.

If you’re into spreadsheets, like scudo, Allanr and I, then fine, and I can recommend scudo’s format.
If not, then you won’t go too far wrong in following Bulb’s figures as suggested in Allanr’s second paragraph above. It does become more accurate the longer you’re with Bulb and submitting monthly readings - ideally 2-3 days before the DD date to ensure statements aren’t based on estimates.

Like Allanr I also do my own spreadsheet, although as Allan states it is not for everyone however it does mean if you change suppliers you will have an historical record of usage and not just with the current supplier. The one I use only entails entering your readings once a month so not difficult to maintain and is available for anyone that's interested.

Scudo what is the spread sheet you use ?

Sue, send me through PM an email address and I will send you a working copy of what I use.
Below is a screen shot.

Sue, send me through PM an email address and I will send you a working copy of what I use. Below is a screen shot.

Think I’ve p.m’d you

Think I've p.m'd you

I have sent email.