Monthly statements at Bulb

Hi all,

Monthly statements can be an important source of info. They help you track your energy usage and manage your spending.

However, we know they can sometimes feel a little overwhelming and confusing.

So we’re redesigning them. We want to make our statements easier to understand. And make sure they provide all the information you need.

We need your help to do this.

A few members have already visited us at Bulb HQ and designed their perfect statement. It’s given us lots of inspiration.

We’d also love to hear from our wider community.

• Is there anything that you find unclear on your statement?
  • What info is (or isn't) interesting to you?
  • Any other thoughts?

Cheers,
Beth at Bulb

I’m quite happy with the current layout with the possible caveats:

1, On page 1 remove the minus sign in front of the cost of energy figures. If you use energy is can’t be a minus cost,

1. On pages 3 & 4 show the unit rates to four decimal places so that the energy used x unit rate actually equals the cost shown on the statement. If you don’t use unit rates to four decimal places the energy cost can be out by a couple of pence. This was raised a couple of days ago on this forum.
....show the unit rates to four decimal places....
Yes please! If you're using four decimal places in your tariff, that's what I expect to see on my statement.
....show the unit rates to four decimal places....
Yes please! If you're using four decimal places in your tariff, that's what I expect to see on my statement.

We were told by Bulb their unit rate is to 4 decimal places

@Allanr Precisely so. I should have said “As” rather than “If”.

I don’t see the need for having the “opening balance” line there. It’s just confusing. Surely all you need is “last account balance”, “amount paid”, “cost of energy used” and “new account balance”.

I also agree with the 4 decimal places sentiments expressed above.

thanks guys, I’ve raised this with the design team, as it could be clearer - keep those suggestions coming though.