Moved out but payments are still going through

Hello

I officially moved out of my house on 9th August. I notified Bulb about this in June. It is now 25th September and since I have my payments set to 21st of each month I have been charged recently (£65) and I still have yet to receive the final bill. Im around 200 pounds in credit. Will I be refunded everything once the final bill comes through? How long do i have to wait for refund?

Also can I cancel the last direct debit since I have not lived in the house for over a month now?

Aside from this I don’t understand what this means? Can someone explain? The whole year Ive been in credit, it says my balance is around +200, should I worry about anything?

Kind regards,
Laura

It normally takes up to 6 weeks for a final bill so I would contact Bulb direct.
Just ignore the request for changing payments if you are in credit.
Any credit after final bill will be paid back to you.
Just guessing that its possible that since you moved out on the 9th August you would not have been able to submit readings and therefore they would have used estimates.

If you are confident that you’re in credit, then set next months payment to a minimum figure - £5.

I officially moved out of my house on 9th August. I notified Bulb about this in June.

How did you give your final meter readings for the 9th August?

It’s quite possible that since you gave the notification so early, and perhaps didn’t follow up with your final closing readings, that Bulb may not have processed the moving out instruction. I’d strongly suggest phoning them ASAP.

I officially moved out of my house on 9th August. I notified Bulb about this in June.

How did you give your final meter readings for the 9th August?

It’s quite possible that since you gave the notification so early, and perhaps didn’t follow up with your final closing readings, that Bulb may not have processed the moving out instruction. I’d strongly suggest phoning them ASAP.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I thought notifying them sooner would speed up the process. I called them few days ago and they said the bill should come through in the next few days. Hopefully it will!