Moving a meter from a temporary location on a building site to final location in new house

I am in the process of building a new house, and currently have a temporary supply to a cabinet.

I will need to arrange for the meter to be moved into the new house sometime in the next 6 - 8 months.

How to I arrange this through bulb as my supplier?

Hi @NeilMathieson.

This depends on how far you are moving your meter. Bulb is responsible for organising for your meter to be moved. As the meter is not broken, it will cost £120.

However, if the meter is being moved more than 1 meter, or to a different wall, you’ll need a conversation with your network operator first.

You can find out who your network operator is here.

Once you’ve had a chat with them, let us know what date you have organised the work to be done and we’ll coordinate for the meter to be moved on the same day.

Ok, thanks for this. Do I contact you through this discussion thread, or do I need to call you to arrange when the time comes?

It would be easiest for you to give us a call on 00300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm). This is because we’ll need to take some details and can book it there and then. If you are not available between these times, you can drop us an email on help@bulb.co.uk