Moving & £50 off

Hi,

we are moving suddenly to another ither city and if I understand correctly, we have to close one account and open another, which is fine.

As luck would have it, a friend used my “refer a friend” code and it says we’ll both get £50 off on the 15th june when their transfer is complete. However, we are moving out on the 7th. Does it mean we lose the £50 off?

thanks

Hi @Wizzadora,

Usually if your Bulb account is permanently closing this does unfortunately mean that you will lose the £50. However if you use Bulb in your new property we can add the £50 referral to your new account instead. :slight_smile:

I’ve sent you a message so I can help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Pollyanna

Hi @Wizzadora,

Usually if your Bulb account is permanently closing this does unfortunately mean that you will lose the £50. However if you use Bulb in your new property we can add the £50 referral to your new account instead. :slight_smile:

I’ve sent you a message so I can help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Pollyanna

Thanks Pollyanna! We are taking Bulb with us to the property. I’ll just reply to your message.

However if you use Bulb in your new property we can add the £50 referral to your new account instead. :slight_smile:

Pollyanna

Out of interest what happens if the property being moved to is already supplied by Bulb?

However if you use Bulb in your new property we can add the £50 referral to your new account instead. :slight_smile:

Pollyanna

Out of interest what happens if the property being moved to is already supplied by Bulb?

If I had to guess, you had two options…

1. keep the landlord’s account and pay as normal
  2. start a new account in your name.
Then the new property cannot be referred (was confirmed in another thread). Despite all of the comments about referring people, really you're referring properties which people manage.
Then the new property cannot be referred (was confirmed in another thread). Despite all of the comments about referring people, really you're referring properties which people manage.
@mowcius

Exactly the reason for my query

Hi all, the referral program requires a net gain in properties. If a property is already being supplied by Bulb, we wouldn’t be able to offer the £50 credit for that property.

Hi all, the referral program requires a net gain in properties. If a property is already being supplied by Bulb, we wouldn't be able to offer the £50 credit for that property.

Then you need to update the marketing information to make it clear you’re referring properties not referring people.

If you’re referring people then anyone that has never had a Bulb account in their name should be able to obtain a referral payment when becoming responsible for a property managed by Bulb, regardless of whether the property itself is currently with Bulb or not. It’s clear why this latter system would be unworkable, but your marketing blurb says something different from the terms and conditions.