Moving and Switching Home

So i’m moving out soon from my old property to my new one and i’ve booked a move out from the old one and got a quotation for the new one , Legally i’m moving in the property from 04/10/2021, and normally from 08/10/2021, Bulb will start supply my new address from 11/10/2021.
So i have a lot of credit at the old one, and for the move in i’ve paid a deposit.
Why did they need one if i already been in credit a lot?

Hi @CristianCV,

Welcome to community :wave: Thanks for your post.

I’m glad to hear you have everything under control with the move and switching supplier etc.

When you move out of the previous property, we will process your final bill and refund any leftover credit in the account back to you. Bulb stays with the property not the member, so we have to close that account and the previous address and register you at the new one.

I can see your new properties switch is still in progress. If you would like, I can merge the old and the new accounts for you and we can have the credit transferred over?

– Daisy :bulb:

That would be lovely if you can merge them.

Hi @CristianCV :wave:

I’ve sent off the request to get those merged. This should come into effect within the next 48 hours, but please let us know if there are any issues or if you have questions.

All the best,
Cara :bulb:

moving house shortly but intend to keep my current house to allow some renovation prior to putting it on the market. Would I need to set up a separate account for the new property whilst using power in the house on the account I hold

Hey @stevejd58 and welcome to the community :partying_face: :wave:

The energy supplier actually stays with the property rather the person. This means that we would create a new account for you with your new property and switch that over to us. In the meantime, we would still supply your old property until it’s renovated and sold. Then we close the old account and you would just have the new account open with us.

There is some more information here for you about moving house: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245152-What-to-do-when-you-re-moving-house

I hope that makes sense but please let me know if you have any questions about this.

– Robyn :bulb:

Just moved from a rented property to a house we’ve just bought.

Followed the moving out process and has the email saying our account is closed.

When I follow the link to rejoin with our new address there’s no option to sign up again. Are bulb currently not allowing people to rejoin? Everything I’ve read on their website talks like they are so?

It won’t let me upload screenshots but for my old house it says “Great, this property is powered by Bulb. Continue to set up your account” with a continue button and the new one it just says “We don’t supply this property yet.”

Hi @DavidJGBooth and welcome to the community :wave: :partying_face:

It’s great to hear that you want to take us to your new property. The website is being temperamental at the moment so we would require you to call us on 0300 30 30 635 to give your new property details and we can apply for the supply over the phone.

– Robyn :bulb: