Moving away from bulb

Unfortunately, I’m soon to be making the move away from bulb, this is mainly for bulb to see so they can hopefully improve in the future, when I might come back.

First off, your billing system is abysmal. I’ve had 3 major issues with it, one causing me to be secretly £600 in credit. These are totally unaceptable. It clearly isn’t just me with these billing issues, as eveidenced on these forums, and your complants data :

(also convenient how your Q4 2020 data isn’t there, almost Q1 2021 now)

These issues should not be there for a company as large as bulb and is honestly a complete joke at this size.

There should be automated systems in place that detect these issues. When reported it takes the staff around 2 seconds to find the issue, so it clearly isn’t an hard to find issue that some lines of code couldn’t check on.

You also seem unwilling to fix problems that have been around for a long time, like members being redirected to the community page, being unable to make possibly essential changes to there account pages, and needing an account reset. another absolute joke that there is still evidence of this happening on the forums.

The final straw for me is that getting through to customer service when there is a issue (which is unfortunately frequent in comparison to some other suppliers) takes too long. I also should not be lied to, saying I’m going to get an email back the next day at the latest, then not receiving one for days (so far), being told that they will ‘investigate and sort it out’ then requesting something that I dont have, and you can easily get . There shouldn’t be people on the forums comparing how long it takes to get an email back. These Issues have been going on for months now. You said you were employing more staff to fix the issue, but hasn’t it just got worse? This also causes customers to get (rightly) angry, but at the wrong people. The customer service staff are very nice and friendly, they don’t deserve to have fuming customers at them because a few higher-ups wanted to save a few £££.

As soon as i get my £120 for my wrongly charged meter move back, I’m off.
I̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶8̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶,̶ ̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶.̶ (got one) im willing to pay the 0.3p higher unit price, that bulb will probably increase to anyway.

I’m in dispute with bulb at the moment following the installation of a smart meter, that is not functioning and the loss of my E7 tariff. I want my original, or similar meter reinstating. Can you elaborate on the £120 issue? What have they tried to charge you that amount for?

Hi
I thought i was only one having the problem. for last 10 years with British gas I managed with £87 a month no habit change now bulb wants to charge me £255.91 a month as direct debit. don’t know how they worked it out.

We had to have our powerline replaced by our DNO due to it being about to snap, this meant the meter was moved, due the a new underground line being laid, and a hole drilled though the wall where the meter was, and the DNO cannot touch the meters, so they have to get bulb (siemens) out to moved it. I was told this wouldn’t have any charge, but then a nice little £120 came out my account. Was told it was going to be sorted out but here we are.

You have to be careful here, as this is sometimes caused by not enough meter reads, then when a meter read is sent, a “catch up” bill being issued. This can sometimes cause the monthly DD to spike dramatically to try to get rid of the debt in your account. Things like a smart meter not working properly after the switch and not sending meter reads can also cause issues.

How did you managed to contact them. as chat box always claims to be super busy.

as it has to be done the next day, i had no other option then being on hold for 3 hours, my favorite thing to do :heart_eyes:

Thanks izzyhunt. I am leaving them now.

1 Like

getting through to customer service when there is a issue (which is unfortunately frequent in comparison to some other suppliers) takes too long.

@izzyhunt I’ve sent two emails to your intended new supplier. The first was responded to in 1hr 18mins and the second in 4 mins.

I think bulb would faint if they heard that. Response not just under a week, not a day, but an hour? nahhh.

In all seriousness, its good that they are as good as the reviews say, can’t wait to be there soon.

Hey @izzyhunt,

Thanks for your post, and I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having. I’ve tried to find your account through the email linked to your Community account, so I unfortunately can’t help specifically with your case.

I can speak a little more generally though about the concerns you raised.

Billing and account errors do account for a proportion of our complaints handled. We have systems that flag errors that can be solved automatically, but some issues also do need a human touch. We have teams dedicated to running fixes on accounts that are flagged in these cases. We do all we can to try and avoid these arising in the first place, but sometimes, as with all technology, it can be fickle. We should be able to fix any issues you’re having as soon as they’re flagged to a member of the team though.

I’m sorry if the service you’ve received from us isn’t what you would expect. We are hiring more staff to ensure that our service time comes down in the future, so hopefully this shouldn’t be the case for much longer.

If you have any issues with your account still that you would like addressing, please send me a DM here with your account details and I’ll be happy to take a look.

Best,
Georgie

The Consumer rights act dictates repairs have to be carried out in a timely manner and they get one chance to effect a repair. If that repair fails you can ask them to tk the Smart meter away which they have to do FREE of charge

Hi @Ken2,

Thanks for your post about faulty meters. It is true that we will come and replace faulty meters in a timely manner, especially if they are not fit for service. If you have a meter that isn’t working as you’d expect, please do let me know here and I’ll be happy to look into that for you.

All the best,
Georgie :bulb: