Moving from SSE Smart Meters & IHD

Hi,

I’m considering a move from SSE to Bulb but have only recently had smart meters installed. Will the IHD supplied by SSE still work if I switch as I really like being able to track my usage in real time.

TIA

If it’s all working properly now, and the meters are SMETS2, then yes, it should work with Bulb (after a brief hiatus during the switch).

But note that Bulb seem to be quite poor if anything goes wrong (especially of late).

Thats a real shame. Part of the reason for going smart meters was so I could monitor my usage. I’m guessing due to covid maybe their customer support is not so good! Takes hour to get through to SSE :frowning:

Hi @Fluxtor - @stevefoster is correct that if your meters are SMETS2 they should continue to transmit readings automatically and the In-Home Display should continue to display usage when you switch to us.

If you have any further questions, let me know and I can drop you a private message with more info. :slight_smile:

Hi Jim, thanks for the response. I’m pretty sure our meters are SMETS2 as they were only installed December 2020. So are you saying all the functions on the In-Home Display will continue to work exactly as they do now?

I would advise you, do not under any circumstances transfer to Bulb. I and many others have had horrendous experiences. They used to good.