Moving house and retaining old property

I need to move my account to the new property this weekend, however I will be renting out the old house (awaiting tenant). So basically I need to maintain supply account at old house until tennant arrives - how ?

Hi @Twaitec,

If you’d like us to supply your new address, the easiest way is to head to and sign up online. You can answer questions about the property type to create a quote.

Please use the same email and password that you currently use for Bulb and the log on details will remain the same. You’ll then be able to see both properties under the same account.

The switch at the new property will take 21 days so there will be a short period of usage for which the existing supplier will bill you. Because of this, it’s worth giving them a ring to say you’re the new occupier. Otherwise they might object to the switch.

For the old property, on the date you cease being responsible (eg. sale or end of tenancy), please take a set of meter readings and let us know these and the date you are no longer responsible for the property. If you could let us know these by clicking “Moving House” on your Bulb account that would be grand. We’ll then close the account and issue a final bill. If you’re in credit, we’ll issue you a refund or transfer this to your new property account. If there’s a debt we’ll take one final payment from you.

The property will remain supplied by Bulb, unless the new tenants choose to switch away. We’ll send them a letter telling them a bit about us.

I hope this helps!