Moving house

I need to close my account as we are selling our house. What is the process?

Hi @derekstewart

For your old address, we just need the date you cease being responsible (eg. sale or end of tenancy), please take a set of meter readings and let us know these and the date. We’ll close the account and issue a final bill. If you’re in credit, we’ll issue you a refund or transfer this to your new property account. If there’s a debt we’ll take one final payment from you.

The property will remain supplied by Bulb, unless the new occupiers choose to switch away. We’ll send them a letter telling them a bit about us.

If you’d like us to supply your new address, the easiest way is to head to and sign up online. You can answer questions about the property type to create a quote. Please use the same email and password that you currently use for MyBulb and the log on details will remain the same. We’ll ask for a set of meter readings on the switch date and send these to the old supplier so they can send a final bill for the short period they’ve supplied you. If you don’t know who this is, please let us know and we can check!

The switch at the new property will take 21 days so there will be a short period of usage for which the existing supplier will bill you. Because of this, it’s worth giving them a ring to say you’re the new tenant. Otherwise they might object to the switch. :+1: