Moving house

We are moving next week and want to transfer Bulb to our new addresss. How do we go about this?

Hi @gerald369 ,

Once you have taken responsibility for the property you can switch the energy supplier of the new address. The switch takes 21 days to complete, so there will be a short period of usage for which you will need to pay the existing supplier.

Once you have requested the switch we do all the leg-work. We contact your old supplier to let them know you are switching. Then on the switch date we will ask for an opening meter readings, which we will also share with the old supplier to use on your final bill with them.

I suggest you also take a meter reading on the day you move in to give to the existing supplier (then you will have a reading from your move in, and when you switch to Bulb, so you will only get billed for that consumption).

You should also let them know you’ve moved in to make sure they don’t object to the switch over to Bulb.

If you have any other questions please let me know.


If your not a current customer and wanted a referral link then to get £50 credit, i’m giving £25 of my referral fees to charity thanks