Moving house

We have just moved house and have registered with bulb, however its saying you won’t be supplying us until 14th May and our current provider has been advised. Just confused as firstly we need gas/electric now and current supplier is not our supplier as it was previous owner. I have meter readings for when we moved in but there’s nowhere to add these. Can you advise?

current supplier is not our supplier as it was previous owner.

They’re your supplier now. Energy companies supply properties, not people.

Whoever the previous owners had registered to supply the property are still supplying the property now. You don’t get to choose who supplies the property on the day you move in.

I have meter readings for when we moved in but there’s nowhere to add these.

You have to give them to the current supplier of your property.

We have just moved house and have registered with bulb, however its saying you won’t be supplying us until 14th May and our current provider has been advised. Just confused as firstly we need gas/electric now and current supplier is not our supplier as it was previous owner. I have meter readings for when we moved in but there’s nowhere to add these. Can you advise?

Ok, thank you. Just didn’t want to be cut off!

Ok, thank you. Just didn’t want to be cut off!

You might well be if you don’t phone up the current supplier, give them the opening meter readings for the day you took responsibility for the property, and set up your payment details. Ideally, you should have done this before starting a switch away from that supplier.