Moving into a vacant house - reconnecting utilities

Hi there,

I’ll be moving into a house that has been vacant for several months. I don’t believe it was supplied by Bulb, but I’m planning to stick with Bulb when we move over.

In cases when moving into a vacant house, does Bulb have engineers that will check the the Gas/Electric after the house has been reconnected (e.g. making sure the central heating is working/electric systems are safe etc.) or is that something we will have to organise ourselves with a third part Electrical/Gas engineer?


Hi Sam

Thanks for your post and welcome to community :relaxed:

As your energy supply Bulb’s responsibility is with the meters themselves, so our engineers wouldn’t be able to carry out reconnection checks etc.

I’d recommend getting in touch with an Electrician or Gas engineer as you suggested.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Ele :bulb: