Moving Out

I sent a finaly meter reading on the 11th June they acknowledged the request. I cancelled my direct debit, as I didn’t want them to be taking monthly payments out while still paying for my new place. Every few weeks I keep getting emails saying I am falling behind in payments and getting further into debt. Still awaiting for final bill.

I cancelled my direct debit, as I didn't want them to be taking monthly payments out while still paying for my new place.

Unfortunately, that’s just how the system works and you do have to keep paying until your account is fully closed. The same happens when you switch supplier. This does mean that you end up temporarily paying two suppliers, until receiving the final refund. You could have taken the opportunity to reduce your direct debit to the minimum amount through your Bulb account dashboard, which would have been the better thing to do.

Every few weeks I keep getting emails saying I am falling behind in payments and getting further into debt. Still awaiting for final bill.

I strongly suggest you phone Bulb and talk to them about this, before your credit file is affected due to late/missed payments. You’re really gone about this entirely the wrong way and you need to take action.