Moving to new house and switching to Bulb

Hi, moving to new address and would like to swith to Bulb at same time.
Currently I have provider “A” in old address (i have 12 month contract, 6 month remain) and in new address its another provider “B”.
How I need to proceed?
If I will tell to current provider to stop my contract, will be Bulb ablt to cover the exit fee?

Energy companies supply a particular address, not a person.
So, once you’ve moved address, make the switch to Bulb, and they will refund any exit fees that may be applied - up to £60 per fuel.

So, once you've moved address, make the switch to Bulb, and they will refund any exit fees that may be applied - up to £60 per fuel.

However, Bulb will only cover the exit fees of provider “B” since as you say provider “A” is unrelated in this context.

@Maxim As @198kHz has said, leaving your old property and moving into the new property are unrelated events in terms of energy supply. What you need to do is:

1. Move out from your current property. Give provider “A” your closing meter readings. Since you’re still within the minimum term of your contract there may be exit fees. Bulb will not cover these, since Bulb are unrelated at this point.
  2. Move into your new property. Give provider “B” your opening meter readings and setup your account to pay for the energy you use with provider “B” from your moving in date.
  3. Begin a switch to Bulb from provider “B”. Bulb will cover any exit fees, but likely you’ll not elect to join a tariff with exit fees when setting up your account with provider “B” so there wont be any anyway.

You can’t switch your new property from provider “B” to Bulb ready for the day you move in due to the time it takes to switch. For that to work you’d have to start the switch before moving in, and at that point you don’t yet have legal responsibility for the energy supply to the property. You’d be forcing a switch on the existing occupier.

If you have time, the canny thing to do would be to switch your current property from provider “A” to Bulb and obtain a referral fee, with Bulb paying your exit fees. Then do the same again from your new property switching from provider “B” to Bulb obtaining another referral fee. Let me know if you need a referral code :# B)