Multi bill/address

Hi,
I have just signed up for a second property but can’t see it on my account.
All I wanted was a multi account while one house is being sold and while I move in early to my new home.
It said that the energy will start for the 18th July but I want it to start on the 30th of June.

Regards
Davo

Hi, I have just signed up for a second property but can’t see it on my account. All I wanted was a multi account while one house is being sold and while I move in early to my new home. It said that the energy will start for the 18th July but I want it to start on the 30th of June.

Regards
Davo

I would recommend you contact Bulb direct as they are best placed to resolve an account issue. Click the Help button at the top of this page and their contact details are at the bottom of the resultant Help page. You have posted your query to a public community forum.

Hi, I have just signed up for a second property but can’t see it on my account. All I wanted was a multi account while one house is being sold and while I move in early to my new home. It said that the energy will start for the 18th July but I want it to start on the 30th of June.

Regards
Davo

Hi Davo, did you find the help you needed in the end?