Multiple meters

My business electricity is about to transfer to bulb & I need to submit meter readings. My dashboard is only showing one meter & I have two.

@Nick42 our website is a bit confused about your meter setup. Please email me your reads at help@bulb.co.uk and I’ll put them in for you. Sorry for the annoyance here!

Before I purchased the freehold, the property may have had 2 tenants & this could account for multiple meters. I occupy the whole premises therefore it has a single supply number.

I see you have entered the readings I emailed to you.

@Nick42 our website is a bit confused about your meter setup. Please email me your reads at help@bulb.co.uk and I'll put them in for you. Sorry for the annoyance here!

My business electricity has now transferred to bulb. Everything seems fine except there’s only one meter reading showing? What’s happening about the other meter?

@Nick42 Online, you will only see 1 of the two meters for the supply point. The bills will show both readings and you will have to submit both readings via email.

@Nick42 Online, you will only see 1 of the two meters for the supply point. The bills will show both readings and you will have to submit both readings via email.

Ok, that clarifies how it’s going to work.