My account

Hi
I don’t understand why my usage and predicted billling seems to be so much. It is saying I am predicted to use £350 of energy a month but with previous supplier in the height of winter I was only using £200 a month. Can someone look into this?
Thanks
Joanne Hunter

I don’t understand why my usage and predicted billling seems to be so much. It is saying I am predicted to use £350 of energy a month but with previous supplier in the height of winter I was only using £200 a month. Can someone look into this?

Predicted usage can be way off. I’d suggest just ensuring you submit monthly meter readings at the appropriate time when requested and then no estimates will ever be used. Always better to have bills based on actual data!

Seriously we need a sticky post explaining this.

Predictions can be quite a way off - ignore them and go with payments a little more than your previous payments until you’ve had a month or two of usage.

Especially to begin with, submit meter readings regularly, at least once a month, a few days before your payment date. This will allow you to see your true usage.

My monthly usage is apparently £141.67 but I know full well that I pay £80/month and that covers it.

Seriously we need a sticky post explaining this.

The articles in the Statements and Payments section pretty much covers everything, if only people could be bothered to read help articles. A sticky post wont help because people don’t read those either.

These in particular: