My account

How do I get to my account!!! Never seen a website like this before, can’t find anything relevant to me or my account!!!

Click on the Bulb logo (top left) and then sign in to your account.

How do I get to my account!!! Never seen a website like this before, can't find anything relevant to me or my account!!!!

Genuine question - what’s unfamiliar about it? Go to the main home page, click “Sign in”. Seems standard enough?

Can I claim back my money if I’m in credit

Can I claim back my money if I’m in credit

Please don’t post the same question to multiple threads.

Please don’t hijack an existing thread by posting a question unrelated to the original post.

You’ve already received a reply to this question here.

I’m trying to sign in to My Account to post meter readings and keep being sent to Community; is there a problem at you end? Thank you

I'm trying to sign in to My Account to post meter readings and keep being sent to Community; is there a problem at you end? Thank you

I have no problem logging into my account (I’m a fellow customer) so there isn’t a problem at my end.

I'm trying to sign in to My Account to post meter readings and keep being sent to Community; is there a problem at you end? Thank you

Several customers have reported this problem over the last few months. It seems to be related to an account configuration issue. You’ll need to contact Bulb to get them to resolve it.