my bill keeps going up, even though the usage is the same

For some reason my bill keeps going up, even though the usage is the same but we’ll see after the 3rd one.
My problem is that last month i sent a payment of £54 but my statement says £51.
In October I sent £43 but statement says £41.
I’m really hope you have a very good explanation for this or I’ll be changing supplier.
Thank you

You should contact Bulb directly by telephone or by email, this is public customer forum.

To my understanding why your monthly bill is more is a result of there has been a price increase on 11th November 2018. In reference to your advance payments, if you had searched the help topics and the forum you would have been able to understand how that is calculated and why it may have increased.

last month i sent a payment of £54 but my statement says £51.
October I sent £43 but statement says £41.
I’m really hope you have a very good explanation for this or I’ll be changing supplier.
Thank you

This is a public community forum and I’m a fellow customer and am confused by your comments above.

Are you saying that last month you paid Bulb £54 but you account was only credited by £51? The same query for October.

I would be interested in your explanation?

Actually all this is confusing.
Yes I pay in 54 and statement shows 51.
But when I took a closer look, 51 is the electricity I used that month.

The confusing part, I pay 54, account went to -6 and now shows +46 and says my credit is low.
Yes I spend more than the available credit but since I pay monthly it shouldn’t matter.

Actually all this is confusing.

It’s not that confusing. With the greatest of respect, I think you just don’t yet understand how the system works when paying into a monthly account based system as opposed to simply paying a bill as it arrives. This article may help:

Yes I pay in 54 and statement shows 51. But when I took a closer look, 51 is the electricity I used that month.

The confusing part, I pay 54, account went to -6 and now shows +46 and says my credit is low.

Don’t confuse your monthly payment with “the bill”. The amount you pay per month is just 1/12 of your estimated usage over the next 12 months. It will be almost entirely unrelated to the actual energy usage bill for any given month. In the summer, you will be paying in more than your energy has cost. In the winter, you’ll be paying in less than your energy has cost. This helps to balance out the expensive winter periods with your heating running, so you avoid the big winter bills by building up some credit over the summer.

I agree the numbers you’ve given don’t work out, but I think that’s most likely because you’re simply reading your statement incorrectly. Think of it like a bank statement, with an opening value, some transactions, and a closing value. Likely if someone was looking at it with you they’d be able to explain what’s happening. Perhaps you could post a small part of your statement here, ensuring any personal details aren’t visible, and then we can see where the confusion is arising.

Yes I spend more than the available credit but since I pay monthly it shouldn't matter.

Bulb take payment in advance, and so your account should always be in credit by the amount of at least one monthly payment. This should have been explained to you as you went through the signup process. Whilst the T&C do allow your account to be overdrawn, this should only be under exceptional circumstances where, say, an actual meter reading after many estimates has resulting in a big bill due to the estimates being too low. Under normal circumstances your account should never go negative.

And for what it’s worth, starting out with the attitude of “I’m really hope you have a very good explanation for this or I’ll be changing supplier” does not do you any favours. The misunderstanding here is on your side, and so coming out all guns blazing before attempting to clarify the problem does not help you. Other customers here, like myself, offer up their own free time to help other people with their questions. Those that come here with an attitude tend to receive less of that volunteer help.