My Bulb account will be active in 3 weeks and I already closed account with EDF. What shall I do?

I just closed my account with EDF today ( 04/11/2018) and opened account with Bulb but I received an email that my Bulb account will be active on 25/11/2018. What shall I do now? Between 04/11/2018 to 25/11/2018? Should I be without supplier for 3 weeks and then give the reading to the Bulb that I took on the 4th of November?

I just closed my account with EDF today ( 04/11/2018) and opened account with Bulb but I received an email that my Bulb account will be active on 25/11/2018. What shall I do now? Between 04/11/2018 to 25/11/2018? Should I be without supplier for 3 weeks and then give the reading to the Bulb that I took on the 4th of November?

In theory you shouldn’t be without electricity between 04/11/2018 and 25/11/2018 but you may possibly have caused yourself a problem.

You shouldn’t have closed your account with EDF.on 04/11/2018 unless you had a particular reason for doing so…

What you should have done is not to have advised EDF to close your account, they would continue to supply your energy until 25/11/2018 which is when your switch to Bulb takes place.

A couple of days before the switch Bulb will ask you to supply your meter to Bulb (NOT the one you took on 04/11/2018). This meter reading will then be sent by Bulb via a third party validation process to EDF. If everything goes to plan EDF would use this reading to calculate your closing bill up to the day of your switch and Bulb will use the same reading to open your account.

There are a lot of articles on Bulb regarding the switch but this is a useful one: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001227431-Do-I-need-to-tell-my-old-supplier-before-I-switch-

I will call Bulb tomorrow to ask if they could take today’s reading and start to supply me now and after 3 weeks I would give them the reading too. My friend has done that, hopefully it will work.

I will call Bulb tomorrow to ask if they could take today’s reading and start to supply me now and after 3 weeks I would give them the reading too. My friend has done that, hopefully it will work.

I wish you well in the outcome with Bulb. I’m not too optimistic Bulb will be able to bring forward your switch date, but keep fingers crossed.

I just didn’t know I don’t have to cancel my previous supplier, now I know…
But I’m sure it will be a way to sort it out.

Maybe I’ll open account with EDF again and when I will switch to Bulb as planned…

I just remembered!

Some time ago my previous supplier misunderstood me and they closed my account as they thought I’m moving out. So they closed my account and they sent me the final bill. So my apartment was without the supply… After a week or so I called and explained the situation and they said nothing to worry about, they will set up a new account for me.

The switch will most likely be blocked now. I’d ring up EDF and explain…

@Karolinaaaaa We cannot bring the switch date forward. You will be with EDF until then, they just may have an account under “The Occupier” which still should be you.

I would speak with them to amend this.

Thank you for letting me know! I will speak with EDF then !