My IHD is restarting itself every few minutes

Hi, this morning my IHD went into a re-starting loop. I’ve followed the FAQ and asked for a reboot your end (48 hours). Can you also do the Comms Hub action as noted below

Thanks
Matt

" Okay this sounds like it might be struggling to connect to the home area network. I’ve requested a comms hub reboot is run for you to try and fix this. This usually takes 2-3 weeks so bear with us, but once we have a result on that we can go from there! "

Hi @Matt587 :wave:

Thanks for reaching out and sorry there are issues with the IHD. As it is restarting, I’ve requested the comms hub reboot and we’ll have the results in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
Cara :bulb:

Hi,
I left the IHD unplugged and switched off yesterday…and guess what, after 6 hours at work I can home and started it up and it’s working fine !!! It’s been stable overnight so I can now put this request to bed. Thanks for everyones help

Matt

Hi @Matt587 :wave:

Great to hear it’s now working as expected :relaxed:

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks,
Cara :bulb:

my ihd is restarting every few mins, has been doing this now for two weeks. has been working fine for over a year.

@btelston Hi :wave: Welcome to Community!

I’ve merged this thread with another we have as it looks like your having similar issues.

I’ve submitted a comms hub reboot like the one above so hopefully this will fix the issue :relaxed: