My large bill

Just got my bill in it’s usually 32 a month had a look this month gone up £320 is this a joke my flat is 2 bedroom and bulb has my account in debt £330 in debt , I live in a flat not keeping Buckingham palace alight it’s a joke how the hell can my bill go up £300 in a month if they do not get this rectified I’m sorry go elsewhere …That’s far to much for a little 2 bed I’m not testing the space shuttle…

Just got my bill in it’s usually 32 a month had a look this month gone up £320 is this a joke my flat is 2 bedroom and bulb has my account in debt £330 in debt , I live in a flat not keeping Buckingham palace alight it’s a joke how the hell can my bill go up £300 in a month if they do not get this rectified I’m sorry go elsewhere ..That’s far to much for a little 2 bed I’m not testing the space shuttle..

Is your bill based on the monthly readings you supplied to Bulb?

Hi there @Fatimaeffo it looks like the reason your bill is so large is that we opened your account on an estimate (since we didn’t have a reading from you), then when one of our meter readers went around a few weeks ago it turns out that opening estimate was far too low. We can get that opening reading corrected, both on our system and on the final bill from your old supplier. All we’ll need is a backup meter reading, then we’ll get things going for you. As long as your old supplier agree to change their final read (we both have to be using the same read on the switchover) we’ll redo your bills and get rid of that large one.