My new smart meter is in Welsh!

New meter fitted yesterday and instructions are in Welsh, and I cant control the different functions. Any ideas people out there. Thanks

New meter fitted yesterday and instructions are in Welsh, and I cant control the different functions. Any ideas people out there. Thanks

Try the following:

For the person stuck in Welsh:

press ok
press right twice
press ok
press right 7 times
press ok
select english
press ok

Taken from https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/29610/#Comment_29610

2 Likes

@milly5902 Let me know if you’ve managed to reset it.

My Welsh is not up to scratch but I’m sure we can help you out.

thanks that’s sorted it.

croeso

(Welsh for welcome :stuck_out_tongue: )

As a Welsh resident and learner, can I just say thank you for including the Welsh language option!

As a Welsh resident and learner, can I just say thank you for including the Welsh language option!

=)

ppiixx Many thanks for the info ,managed to change language …

I ask the question why when someone gets a smart meter installed they are not left instruction on how to change the language, that and many other questions that appear to be causing issues with the amount of questions on the forum.

Would it be fair to say that whatever manual is left (if any) at installation is inadequate.

Hey @scudo

The engineer will give the member a 12 page instruction guide when the smart meter is installed. I’d be happy to post one to you if you want to take a look at it?

As well as covering FAQs, it has instructions on how to take the IHD tutorial. If you think there is anything missing - let us know, we’d be happy to make some changes.

I’ll also see if we can get a PDF online version up too.

I havee just returned from being away to find my meter in Welsh. Which would be fine, but it is jumping all over the show making the simple instructions very hard to follow to switch languages. It might be easier to learn Welsh.

Sorry about that @ChrisLJ

You can follow these simple instructions:

• Press the ok button at the bottom of the In-home display, and then the right arrow button until you see 'Gosodiadau Wedi anfon yr'
  • Press ok. This takes you to settings
  • Press the right button until you see 'Dewis iaith Wedi anfon yr'. If this does not work, you may need to try the next option, 'Clirio Gosodidau Wedi anfon yr'
  • Press ok
  • Select English on the left, by pressing the left arrow, then press ok

I’ve tried following the instructions to change my smart meter from welsh to english. It is now saying info cleared device turning off Help!!!