My readings and statement

Hello, I’m new to bulb and don’t exactly know what’s going on. But I moved into my new flat on the 11th and set up my bulb account same day. I was then told they was taking payment in the 24th and to submit reading before this day which I had done. Then today I received my statement and the had estimated the days after the 24th am I supposed to also post readings before my statement day. Any help would be appreciated cause I haven’t used as much as my statement says

Hey @Dean1 and welcome to the community :wave:

It looks at though the payment and statement date don’t match up which is what is causing the inconsistency here.

I’d be happy to update this for you if you’d like to advise what date you’d like your payment to be taken each month?

– Robyn :bulb:

Hello, well my statement came to me today by email. I moved into the flat on the 11th so I’m guessing the last day of my billable month is the 10th. I don’t know why my payment date is in the middle of the month. Which day would you recommend changing to. Thank you.

Hey @Dean1

Most members like to make payments at the end or beginning of the month. I can set your statement to be issued at the same time as your payment currently on 24th?

My payment day is the 24th but wouldn’t it make more sense for the payment day to change. Cause aren’t I being charged from the 11th to the 11th not the 24th to 24th. Cause the 11th is when I started my bulb account.

Hey @Dean1

Your payment and statement date will be set to the same date, I just need you to choose which date you’d prefer in the month.

Hello, I think it makes more sense for the same day as my statement comes out cause then its at the end of the month. So switch the payment day to the same as the statement day.

Hey @Dean1

Your payment date is the end of the month, and the statement date is the middle of the month. Can you please confirm you’d like them both at the end of the month?

If the statement is the middle of the month the why on my bill have they estimated some of the days cause I didn’t start my month till the 11th.

Hey @Dean1

I am going to send you an email to sort this so I can explain in further detail.

Hello, that will be very helpful