My tariff is too high

Hi there,

Our tariff each month has doubled and more with no prior warning and its out of our control. Can we look to have a fixed term contact or something in place to reduce this?

Thanks,
Fi

Our tariff each month has doubled and more with no prior warning and its out of our control. Can we look to have a fixed term contact or something in place to reduce this?

Do you mean tariff or do you mean direct debit?

Tariff = the price you pay per kWh of electric and gas, plus price per day standing charge.
Direct debit = the payment that leaves your bank account.

If you really mean tariff, Bulb have only one tariff so if you consider it to be too high then your only option is to move supplier.

If you mean your direct debit, you can control this through your account dashboard. Your dashboard will also indicate what your monthly payment is expected to be based on your usage. How does this compare to what you’re actually paying into your Bulb account per month?

I mean the direct debit - how can you control this?

Go to your account and then statements and payments.

I mean the direct debit - how can you control this?
If you mean your direct debit, you can control this through your account dashboard. Your dashboard will also indicate what your monthly payment is expected to be based on your usage. How does this compare to what you're actually paying into your Bulb account per month?