My Wonderful Experience

I would like to give positive feedback. We set my grandmother up on Bulb and discovered that she had prepay meters. This proved to be quite a catastrophe as she is not very mobile. They fobs were sent to a shop quite far from her and when she went they told her they had sent it back. This went back and forth until I called in and spoke to Araminta. Araminta was friendly, kind, patient and persistent in getting this issue resolved. Araminta spoke with myself and my grandmother to organise a solution. She then contacted my afterwards to let me know that a solution had been found. Araminta organised for my Grandmother to have the credit meters installed free of charge. We are looking forward to this very much. It will save my Mum, Aunty, Sister etc running back and forth for her. We are all with Bulb, and very very pleased with the service so far! I wanted to say Thank you so much again Araminta. It means so much for us and especially my grandmother to feel she can speak to a human being that is not just scripted. Your kindness deserves reward. Best wishes, Tiffany Wallace on behalf of Georgina Amies & Family.

Shame they don’t extend that generosity to all - they wanted £120 to switch my meter…

Shame they don't extend that generosity to all - they wanted £120 to switch my meter...

Will British Gas do it free for you?

Darren: I believe you wanted to switch to an Economy7 meter which is a bit different from a Prepay->Credit meter and by sounds of things the person in this case may be classed as ‘vulnerable’ on the priority service register and hence Bulb have a legal obligation to treat them slightly different.

If everyone could have free meter changes in non essential circumstances then prices would have to rise to cover the cost… How do you think that would go down with Bulb customers?

Shame they don't extend that generosity to all - they wanted £120 to switch my meter...

Will British Gas do it free for you?

Actually, yes (but they also allow you to not go through the hassle and just use your existing meter and provide them with both figures added up)