myreading.net

Hi

I’ve recently switched to Bulb and supplied my 1st meter reading on Tuesday 28th August. I then had a message left on my answerphone on Thursday 30th August from myreading.net saying they require a gas and electricity meter and to phone them or visit their website. Very odd as I supplied it 48 hours ago in response to the email that Bulb sent asking for them (gas & electric).

There is no reference to my current energy supplier (Bulb) in the message and I don’t know who myreading.net is.

From looking around the Internet some people seem to think it’s a scam and some don’t.

I’m going to ignore it but I’m interested to know does anyone know if it’s fake or real?

Thanks

Tom

The website belongs to Lowri Beck, who are genuine meter readers. I suspect they were prompted to call by your previous supplier. Bulb use Morrisons.
I switched from Cooperative Energy, who use Lowri Beck, last December. Two or three months ago I had a meter reader call who said he wanted readings on behalf of Cooperative! I denied him access to save any complications.
As long as Bulb have your readings I would ignore it.

Thank you

Yes I think I will ignore, I just wanted to know if anybody else thought I was being too over cautious.

Thanks

Tom

Hi @TomShaw_83, if you’ve already given us your readings, we’ll pass them over to your old supplier. You can just sit back, relax, and enjoy your switch.